East Berlin is a borough in Adams County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,521 at the 2010 census. East Berlin is served by the Bermudian Springs School District. East Berlin is located in the southern part of Pennsylvania, adjacent to the York County border and 13 miles (21 km) west of York.
In 1764, John Frankenberger purchased and laid out eighty-five lots with streets and alleys and named it „Berlin,“ his home in Germany. Subsequently, confusion with another community in Pennsylvania, led to altering the name to „East Berlin.“ By 1797 under the new owner John Hildebrand, East Berlin had approximately one hundred houses. When York County was divided in 1800, East Berlin became part of the newly created Adams County. In 1879, the community was incorporated as a borough. The East Berlin Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.